- Innovation / Ambition (30%)
- Was the presented idea/model/prototype unique, or a different take on anything that is existing/similar?
- What was added to the existing one that made it special or more useful?
- Was the idea behind it ambitious? Creative?
- How well did this new idea align with the theme?
- User Experience (UX) (30%)
- Does the experience of using the idea/model/prototype feel fun and positively different?
- Is it easy and intuitive to use for the suggested audience?
- Does the workflow use the idea/model/prototype make sense?
- Overall Quality (20%)
- Does the idea/model/prototype work completely from start to finish?
- Was there anything in the idea/model/prototype that wasn’t fully implemented, like a missing but important feature that is not included?
- Did the team scope their features well given the time frame of the event?
- Quality of Presentation (20%)
- Does the idea/model/prototype seem like something people would want to buy and use outside of the Make-a-Thon?
- Was the team able to explain their ideas well and state clearly what the idea/model/prototype actually does?
Challenge and Rubrics